Online Circus

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Back pains ? Is your wallet in your back pocket... ?

Yesterday, during a long meeting, I grew painfully aware of the uncomfortable wallet stuck in my back pocket.
It's nothing new - I've been keeping my wallet in my back-pocket for as long as I can remember , although at a short moment of enlightenment I tried hard and couldn't explain why a grown man that spends many hours every day sitting on a chair, decided to place this annoying wallet just there in the first place. Contemplating some more on this absurd issue, it seemed only logical that if someone just took a minute to analyze this weird behavior, he would certainly find that sitting like that can't be good for your lower-back.
It appears (duh) that it's a well known fact that prolong sitting while your wallet sits safely in your back-pocket can cause back-pains and even damage key nerves. They even have a name for the condition - hip-pocket syndrome or wallet-neuropathy (who wants to be the first to Wiki those terms... ?).
What's the solution ? You most likely need at least some of your wallet's content on you daily (Credit card, money, ID, etc.), you usually can't just leave your wallet lying around and you can't leave it in your front pocket as it interferes with the annoying habit of placing your hands in there. I suggest keeping less change and raising a consumer protest for Levi's to introduce a lower wallet pocket in their pants.
On the same note, I should find a better location to place my cell phone other then my front pocket - nearest to some important vitals...

Where do you keep your wallet ?


3 Comments:

  • I hate advertising, but in this case I'll make the exception. Check out http://koyono.com/products/slim_slimmy/specs.html.

    I use a much thinner wallet now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:07 PM, January 31, 2006  

  • For a long time I've been keeping my wallet in my left front pocket. Just remove the bloateware. no problemo at all .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:31 AM, February 02, 2006  

  • To avoid carrying a wallet in your back pocket, just put your money in a backpack and carry that around all day. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 PM, March 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home